Name: Ray “All Business” Wood
Hometown: Bucksport, Maine
Facebook Fan Page: Ray “All Business” Wood (over 550 fans to-date).
Fighter History: Ray was a tri-athlete at Bucksport High School playing football, baseball and with his main focus in wrestling. He was an Eastern Maine Champion, as well as state runner-up two times. Ray has been training mixed martial arts for the past three years, making his amateur debut in May of 2011 and his professional debut in November of 2012. Ray currently lives in Bangor with his girlfriend of 7 years, Catie
Achievements: Ray went 5-1 as an amateur. Ray received the top spot in the 145 amateur rankings after beating the original #1spot fighter, Soap Am. Ray received “Amateur Fighter of the Year” for 2012, as well as “Fight of the Year” against Soap Am in 2012. On July 12, Ray beat top-10 Canadian contender Lenny Wheeler, becoming NEF's first Maine State Featherweight Champion
Fights in Detail - Amateur Fights (5-1):
- (W) May 6th, 2011. Ray Wood VS Shane Gleason – Wood winner by ref stoppage first round.
- (W) July 15th, 2011. Ray Wood VS Colton Blanchette – Wood winner by unanimous decision
- (W) September 23rd, 2011. Ray Wood VS Eli Leland – Wood winner by arm bar submission 2:33 into third round.
- (W) February 11th, 2012. Ray Wood VS Ahsan Abdullah – Wood winner by ref stoppage first round
- (L) April 14th, 2012. Ray Wood VS Shane Manely – Manley winner by unanimous decision
- (W) October 12th, 2012. Ray Wood VS Soap Am (Fight for the #1 spot at 145) – Wood winner by unanimous decision
Professional Fights (currently 4-0):
- (W) November 17th, 2012. Ray Wood VS John Raio – Wood winner by ref stoppage (strikes), round 2
- (W) March 1st, 2013. Ray Wood VS Walter Smith Cotito – Wood winner by ref stoppage (strikes), round 3
- (W) May 18th, 2013. Ray Wood VS Ahsan Abdullah – Wood winner by tapout via arm bar, round 2
- (W) Ray Wood VS Lenny Wheeler- Wood winner by guillotine choke, 61 seconds round 1 (tapout).
I am always looking for businesses to sponsor me for fights. As a sponsor, your company name & logo will go on my banner and t shirts for my fights. Your business will also be recognized on my Facebook fan page (over 550 fans to date), as well as headline my personal website.
Sponsorship money goes towards the production costs of t shirts, banners and fight shorts, travel expenses for fights (lodging, gas, food, etc), travel expenses to cross train out of state, medical expenses, and other various marketing expenses.
Sponsorships are always greatly appreciated and your business will be well publicized.